Even seasoned visitors to the Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and the Smoky Mountain region have a new way to experience the area. Double-Decker Bus Tours provide an extraordinary opportunity to see the sights while providing an affordable and fun way to get from one attraction to another. The colorful English-style busses provide an authentic “wind in your hair” bus ride with the driver even sitting on the right-hand side!
The Hop-On, Hop-Off buses provide a superb transportation option for visitors although the experience is so much more. Drivers point out sights of interest, area attractions and can even make recommendations for those looking for “insider” information. Riders can choose to sit inside or on the upper deck for an open-air experience.
Double-Decker Bus Tours follow a planned bus route, with passengers having the option to “hop-on and hop-off” as they wish at various stops, or they may decide to simply experience the entire route.
Stops along the Double-Decker Bus Tour include:
- Sevierville – Busses start their route in Sevierville with stops at the Tanger Outlet Mall, one of the most popular shopping destinations in the area. The next stop allows passengers to visit the famous Apple Barn in Sevierville.
- Pigeon Forge – In Pigeon Forge, busses make their first stop at Wonderworks, also a short distance from Hard Rock Cafe and Smoky Mountain Opry. It is then onto the next stop at The Incredible Christmas Store before heading into Lumber Jack Square. Busses will then travel Parkway and Spur to Gatlinburg.
- Gatlinburg – The first stop in Gatlinburg is Ober Gatlinburg, high above the community with amusements, a ski lift, and beautiful views. It is then on to the Gatlinburg Convention Center, within walking distance to many of the attractions, restaurants and lodging options Gatlinburg offers. The next stop is Rowdy Bear Gatlinburg, followed by Top Jump. Buses then head back towards Pigeon Forge.
- Pigeon Forge – The return trip through Pigeon Forge includes stops at the Old Mill District with its shopping and sightseeing and then onto Crave Golf, Alcatraz East and finally to Rowdy Bear Mountain Adventure Park Pigeon Forge. Depending on the time of day, the route may then be repeated.
Overall, there are 14 separate stops along the route with additional stops, destinations, and tours in the plans. What makes the Double-Decker Bus Tours so valuable for visitors? Well, it can be used as destination to destination, hop-on/hop-off transportation, enjoyed as a several hour tour or passengers can select a number of stops along the route to pack in a full day of fun. It also allows your family’s driver to relax and take in the sights of this extraordinary area. Of course, you have the added bonus of access to a local tour guide and an English double-decker bus experience! The family photos and memories are well-worth this unique experience.
– Military members qualify for a 20% discount to thank you for your service.
– Advance registration and ticket purchase are suggested but riders can also just “hop-on and hop-off”. These hop-on and hop-off passengers should be prepared to pay in cash.
– Buses are stroller-capable but will not facilitate wheelchairs.
– Children under five years of age can travel for free.
– The second deck of buses are exposed to the air and sunshine. Depending on when you visit, sunglasses, suntan lotion, and hats may prove to be useful.