It’s not easy to select a restaurant from the number of options that line the Parkway in Gatlinburg, but the The Melting Pot is one of the few chain restaurants worthy of your visit.
This restaurant is part of a franchise system, and the Gatlinburg branch has a stellar reputation. From the minute guests enter the door, they experience superb service akin to a fine dining experience.
Those who wish to reserve a spot for a larger function or business party will be delighted in the range of choices available to them. The menu specifically caters to larger crowds as well, which makes the interactive experience even more fun.
Stepping in through the front door takes patrons into a well-lit and modern design interior with good finishes and trims. The brand prides itself on a fresh, family-friendly interior that has the perfect setup for patrons to hone their cooking skills around the fondue pot.
The menu might seem a little daunting at first with the range of options, but once diners make their choice, they will undoubtedly have a great experience. Some of the menu highlights to look forward to include:
- 4-Course Experience: This is the ideal option for those who wish to experience The Melting Pot at its best. It features all four courses that include the cheese fondue, a salad, an entree, and the delectable chocolate fondue. The entree consists of some of the highest grade chicken, beef, seafood, and pork. Some of the favorite combinations are:
- The Classic – This option includes certified Angus beef sirloin, Memphis-style dry rub pork, shrimp, herb-crusted chicken, and teriyaki-marinated sirloin. A gluten-free option is available upon request.
- Pacific Rim – This combination offers some delicious Oriental flavors with the Teriyaki-marinated sirloin, honey orange duck breast, shrimp, and chicken & vegetable potstickers.
- Create Your Own: With this option, guests have the option of turning it into a four-course meal or simply enjoy the entree. For the main course, guests have a selection of three options to make up their meal. These options include Atlantic salmon filet, smoky Andouille sausage, Memphis-style dry rub pork, and much more.
- Cooking Styles: Those who were under the illusion that they will only have the option of oil to cook their meals will be pleasantly surprised. The choices range from the seasoned court bouillon which is a light broth, to the bourguignonne which is the European-style canola oil served with tempura sesame batter.
This crowd-pleasing venue takes care of the little ones with its expertly-combined options that will undoubtedly keep them entertained and satisfied. Their options include a refreshing very berry lemonade, chocolate milk, and Coop’s cherry luau.
One of the favorite activities offered by The Melting Pot is the opportunity to pair up cheese and some of the finest local wine varietals which can act as a great appetizer or a light meal. Those who merely want to sample the dessert menu won’t be disappointed with the chocolate fondue that offers guests the option of dark, milk, or white chocolate as their base and a whole range of other ingredients for dipping.
- Let the staff know if it’s a special event as they enjoy getting in on the celebration.
- Vegans and vegetarians are recommended to check out their options as there are quite a few on the menu.
- Parking is situated in a parking complex next door, and patrons have their parking tickets discounted at the restaurant after their meal.