Restaurants in the Smoky Mountain region are known for their friendly servers who go above and beyond to make you feel like home, but Dick’s Last Resort isn’t your typical restaurant. The staff members at Dick’s are rude, obnoxious, and over-the-top, but that’s the whole reason folks keep coming back for more!
Dick’s Last Resort is a nationwide restaurant chain where the servers are supposed to be insufferable and the overall experience is one your family will never forget. When you come to Dick’s, expect to be insulted or placed in an uncomfortable situation. It’s all part of the fun! Your server might make you wear an adult bib, or make you a paper hat with insulting phrases written on it. Need some more napkins? Your server has you covered, but you can bet he’ll throw them at you like you’re wasting his time.
Given the nature of Dick’s Last Resort, it’s no surprise this establishment is the perfect place for a party. Dick’s is an ideal spot for your upcoming birthday, bachelorette party, graduation, or divorce celebration. Big or small, every party at Dick’s is an exciting party. Heck, even just a small family meal at Dick’s is a party!
The gimmick is great, the atmosphere is rowdy and loud, and everyone’s here to have a good time. What could be the downside? Unfortunately, the food at Dick’s leaves a little to be desired. But if you can handle the average-quality bar food and you don’t mind paying for overpriced drinks, it’s an experience you and your loved ones will be talking about for years to come.
- Dick’s Last Resort offers a variety of grub and booze to suit your entire party. The menu items feature hilarious names relevant to the location, such as the Redneck Fondue with its loaded tots. And since you’re in the Smoky Mountains, be sure to order The Dolly, a dish the website describes as “voluptuous grilled chicky breasts.”
- Dick’s is also known for its BBQ pork ribs. Order them by half a rack, a full rack, or try them in a combo. The BBQ Combo, in particular, is a great way to sample the restaurant’s offerings. It comes with pork ribs, a quarter chicken, pulled pork, fries, and coleslaw.
- Given Dick’s bawdy nature, you may be surprised to learn it’s a family-friendly establishment that welcomes kids. The “For Yer Rugrats” menu consists of chicken tenders, mac and cheese, corn dogs, and fried shrimp, so don’t be afraid to bring the whole family.
- Some patrons at Dick’s Last Resort have left offended, so don’t visit unless you have a thick skin. Guests come here because it’s different from anything else in the Smokies. The servers are encouraged to tell guests exactly how they feel about their jobs, and it’s all in good fun.
- While Dick’s is a kid-friendly establishment, the loud atmosphere isn’t always that great for the little ones. If your child has any issues with noise, you’re better off eating elsewhere.
- Prices at Dick’s are high, even for the Smokies, so if you’re looking to save a few bucks, visit during lunchtime. You’ll still enjoy the same rude service, but it’s much nicer for your pocketbook.