Fannie Farkle’s markets its restaurant complex as an “old-time county fair.” What you can take from that description is it’s a throwback family amusement center. Games are at the forefront of the fun here.
The complex recently upgraded from outdated prize tickets and arcade tokens to debit cards that store all your information. You purchase a set of gaming credits, and the card tracks your rewards automatically. It’s a clever, modern spin on the timeless concept of playing games to win prizes. Fannie Farkle’s is notoriously generous with its prize redemptions, meaning you’re likely to go home with a quality stuffed animal after spending an afternoon here. Kids that spend part of their summer at Fannie Farkle’s have even scored PlayStation 4s! That’s how you know the prizes are great.
As for the food, Fanny Farkle’s has a menu that has stood the test of time. The Ogle Dog is one of the most recognized treats in Gatlinburg. It’s a dipped corn dog that would seem right at home at a county fair, only more upscale in flavor. The tea here is also well-regarded, and the Hawaiian Shaved Ice is a long-standing staple of the restaurant. This frozen treat is a huge hit with the kids.
Still, the purpose of spending a day at Fannie Farkle’s is the competition. When you enter the Family Fun Parlor, you’ll have your option of throwbacks such as Skee-ball alongside modern classics such as Fruit Ninja. The entire game section is a bit claustrophobic, but it’s a wonderful combination of neon lights and interactive games.
- Ogle Dog – This foot-long handmade hot dog is named in honor of some of Gatlinburg’s influential settlers: the Ogle clan. This decades-old staple is carnival cuisine at its finest.
- Smoked Sausage Sandwich – Giant sausage links grilled to perfection anchor a succulent hoagie.
- Hawaiian Shaved Ice – Sure, many places sell shaved ice, but Fanny Farkle’s has perfected the craft over its decades of existence. You have your choice of a dozen exotic flavors.
- When ordering food, be aware that there’s no set seating, so you’ll have to stand and eat.
- The official website for Fannie Farkle’s includes a couple of coupons you can print out or display on your phone. Like most Gatlinburg family entertainment businesses, Fannie Farkle’s offers discount deals in the various advertising stands. Most hotel lobbies and tourist hubs have these sections.
- You’ll also find package offers where you can eat and play at the restaurant for a set price.