Located adjacent to the Smoky Mountain National Park, Crystelle Creek Restaurant & Grill features live music in their main dining room and bar area every night of week. Guests come to hear up-and-coming singers and songwriters while enjoying selections from an extensive menu populated by southern classics.
While nothing on their menu is likely to shock your culinary senses, it is chock-full of classics, comfort foods that appear to be the reason people coming back for more. The following is a sample of what they offer:
- Appetizers, including a Char-Grilled Skewer served with drawn butter or homemade cocktail sauce, Catfish Bites freshly battered and served with signature dips, Feta Cheese Dip with pita chips, Fried Mushrooms, or Queso Dip with fresh tortilla chips (with chicken, steak, or pork if your prefer). Also worth note are the hot Garlic Rolls, made with fresh chopped garlic, freshly grated parmesan and romano cheeses, and a wonderful blend of fresh herbs and spices.
- Popular sandwiches and burgers include classics like their Pulled Pork with barbecue sauce, hand breaded Catfish with tartar sauce, Southwest Chicken with pepper jack cheese, onions, and peppers, and slow smoked Prime Rib Sandwich and au jus.
- Entrees include a tender 8 oz. Filet of Beef Tenderloin, 16 oz. Porterhouse, 10 oz. Smoked Prime Rib served with au jus and horseradish sauce, Tender Baby Back Ribs, Chopped Steak, and 14 oz. Bone-In Pork Chops dusted with their house spice blend. Their top-rated chicken entrees include old-fashioned Chicken Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes, Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast, and Southwestern Chicken with bacon, onions, peppers, pepper jack cheese, and a house barbecue sauce.
- The restaurant’s Italian specialties (served with a house salad and garlic roll) are: Spaghetti Marinara, Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo, Cajun Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo, Chicken Parmigiana, Lasagna with Meat Sauce, and Vegetable Lasagna.
Signature Dinners represent some of their best sellers, including: Fresh Tennessee Trout, Lemon Pepper Trout, Fresh Trout Piccata, 8 oz. Salmon Filet, Fried Shrimp, and blackened Catfish.
The initial lure of Crystelle Creek is, in part, it’s idyllic setting. They are nestled in the mountains, situated next to a creek, and feature well landscaped grounds (including a cool koi pond.) Once seated at your table, you may enjoy the fact that water cascades down from the roof and over the large picturesque windows. This accentuates the warm, cozy feeling of the restaurant’s interior. They’re east of town on 321 and easy to find with the lighted 150-foot tree that has become part of the Crystelle Creek’s signature out front.
If you’re a sports fanatic you are likely to enjoy the restaurant’s sports porch. It is enclosed and heated, and features flat screen televisions for your viewing (and cheering) pleasure. You can order anything from the menu as you enjoy a game or two. You can also bring your dog as long as you keep him on a leash.
Given their large number of sides and the fact that homemade desserts are made daily, it is easy to understand why Crystelle Creek Restaurant & Grill is such a popular destination. So popular in fact that parties of six or less are accepted on a first come-first serve basis.
- Handicapped parking is available on the upper level.
- Reservations for parties of six or more are accepted by phone only.
- If you’re staying nearby and would prefer to pick up your order, call at least 30 minutes ahead (no delivery service available).
- Call ahead if you plan on catching a game on the sports porch during cool weather and they’ll make it a point to heat the porch prior to your arrival.
- Make sure your pet has his rabies shots before bringing him along. Restaurant staff can be a sticklers regarding that kind of thing.