St. Patrick’s Day in Gatlinburg is about as lucky as a vacation you can get. There is so much to do and see on this Irish-inspired holiday so let’s get the luck started and plan something fun to do. Below are our top recommendations for all those laddies and lassies out there. Charge up your phone and get ready to take plenty of photos and selfies…the view is awesome!
Experience The Popular SkyBridge’s Green Lights, A Spectacular Site to See
Talk about green with envy! Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Gatlinburg throughout the entire month of March this year. Go up, up, and away, 500 feet above this beautiful city on the popular SkyBridge’s green lights. That’s right! Hike all 680 feet of this impressive. world-famous sky bridge, the longest pedestrian cable bridge on the continent. It will be beautifully illuminated in green lights in honor of St. Patty himself. The view of the Smoky Mountains from this height is something you will never forget! Plus right smack in the middle of the bridge you’ll take in a 200-foot tunnel featuring even more green lights all decorated with twinkling shamrocks. It’s like walking through the clouds with a gorgeous green glow.
Visit Anakeesta Theme Park St. Patrick’s Day Celebration And Smile Awhile
Everyone is Irish during the St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at Anakeesta Theme Park. Just so you know Anakeesta in Cherokee language is, “the place of high ground.” This theme park located above and in the heart of downtown Gatlinburg is rolling out the green carpet for a truly amazing St. Patty’s Day. We’re talking culinary delights and Irish-themed drinks. Do you like green beer? Good, they’ll have it. Do you like Irish coffee and cocktails like minty hot chocolate? Great! They’ll have that too. Enjoy Irish cuisines like corned beef and cabbage, Guinness Beef Pie, Fennel Sausages, and red-eye gravy at the famous Cliff Top’s. Then, go hopping from one spot to another including the Tap House, the Bar on Top of the World at Smokehouse, and Kephart’s and Pearl’s Pie in the Sky. Finally, sit back and take in the live music by authentic bagpiper Kelly Shipe for a unique, unforgettable Irish experience.
Attend Our 2nd Annual St. Patrick’s Day Celebration
In addition to all the fun, we’ve already mentioned St. Patrick’s Day in Gatlinburg is celebrating the green with special promotions between March 12 and March 19. This was so popular last year we are going for it again in 2022! Get really lucky with tons of family-friendly festivities, decorations, food, and more all inspired by Irish culture. Get to know some of Gatlinburg’s best businesses. Take a look at what businesses are offering:
- Byrd’s Cookies: Get your green on with Byrd’s Cookies’ green goodies like Shamrock Rice Crispy Treats, Celtic cookies, and mint chocolate chip cereal scoops. Lucky for you, Byrd’s Cookies is a family-owned bakery that has served customers with crispy cookies since 1924.
- Cookie Dough Bliss: And bliss it is, for your sweet tooth. Located right in The Market Place, you will enjoy special desserts and sweet treats like Irish Cream Cookie Dough, decadent mint chocolate milkshakes, and more at the popular hot spot.
- Flapjack’s Pancake Cabin: All three Flapjack locations will feature a limited-time Mint Chocolate Chip Pancake to satisfy your cravings for the best pancakes in Gatlinburg.
- Gatlinburg Space Needle: This is a must-see when in Gatlinburg. Take in the special festive green lights that will illuminate the Gatlinburg Space Needle right on the Parkway. Breathtaking!
- Mystic Moon: Mystic Moon is a special shop with special gifts and goodies. Stop by and help them celebrate and get into the Irish mood by offering special Irish foods, beverages, and candies while enjoying Irish-inspired music.
- Ober Gatlinburg: After hitting the slopes and enjoying all the outdoor mountaintop fun, guests are invited to take in special drinks at Seasons of Ober and Loft Lounge while listening to traditional Irish music.
- Ole Red Gatlinburg: This hot spot is inspired by country star Blake Shelton’s chart-topper, Ole Red! Get a very special cocktail, the fun, and delish Lucky Leprechaun only on the Green Day, March 17.
- Slice Pizza Bakery: After you experience the Gatlinburg Space Needle, the Slice Pizza Bakery right at the bottom will help you refuel with delicious Irish beer and a New York-style slice.
- The Spice and Tea Exchange: Known for their specialty spices, teas, and herb blends and a great spot to see, especially for this special celebration. Stop by The Spice and Tea Exchange to take in festive decorations, and special music and shop a wonderful collection of goods.
There’s something for everyone, something for you during the St. Patrick’s Day holiday in Gatlinburg. Make plans to join us today and remember, you always look good in green.