When you’re looking for a place that can help you get your morning started right, you need to head to Courthouse Donuts. This local hangout is the brainchild of Jeff and Jennifer Dyer, who wanted to open their own restaurant in downtown Sevierville, but wanted something that would stand out from the other options.
That’s when Jennifer had the bright idea to open a doughnut shop that lets people create the perfect doughnut – one they design themselves! Jennifer worked with Chef Catherine Hallman to come up with the best doughnut recipe, and she and Jeff were only ready to begin their adventure when they felt they had a doughnut that offered the ideal taste and texture.
Creating your perfect doughnut is simple. You’ll start with one of the doughnuts that are freshly cooked every day from a secret recipe. Next, you choose whether you would like your doughnut dipped in chocolate, vanilla, or a glaze icing. After that, you decide on your topping. Your options might include coconut, Butterfinger, peanuts, pecans, powdered sugar, cinnamon sugar, and Oreo cookies. Finally, you get to decide what type of sauce you’d like to finish it off. Options include chocolate, caramel, honey, marshmallow crème, and a rotating fruit flavor.
Of course, if you’re feeling simple that morning, you can always skip a few steps and just go for a plain doughnut with a little cinnamon sugar on it. The best thing about Courthouse Donuts is that you can go as wild or as basic as you want. The shop also offers specially themed doughnuts for each month. For example, February has the chocolate covered strawberry doughnut and August has the orange Creamsicle doughnut.
When it’s time for lunch, you can head back to Courthouse Donuts for one of the fresh sandwiches. You’ll find classics such as a hot ham and turkey sandwich and a chicken salad sandwich, as well as unique twists on old favorites, such as the grilled pimento cheese, which comes on mild jalapeno bread and gets pressed until it’s toasty and gooey. The restaurant also serves salads and a daily blue plate special. You can complete your meal with a side of potato chips, vegetables, or soup, and your beverage options include coffee, iced tea, fountain drinks, and milk.
If you’re in a hurry, you can even call in your order and the team will get started on it right away so it’s ready for you when you swing by to pick it up.
- The Bumble Bee: Doughnut dipped in vanilla icing and topped with warm caramel drizzle, honey, and Hershey’s chocolate.
- Key Lime Pie: Doughnut dipped in vanilla icing and topped with golden grahams and key lime drizzle.
- Smoky Mountain S’mores: Doughnut dipped in chocolate icing and topped with graham crackers and a drizzle of homemade marshmallow crème.
- A Dang Good Reuben: Sliced corn beef, Swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and Russian dressing stacked between two pieces of thick marble rye.
- Maui Wowi: Sliced honey ham, Swiss cheese, spinach, pineapple, and a touch of sweet chili sauce served between two toasted soft pretzel rolls.
- Every sandwich at Courthouse Donuts comes with a serving of the original Donut Bread Pudding, which uses the award-winning doughnuts and secret ingredients to make a sweet treat you can’t get anywhere else. If you decide not to get a sandwich, you can still order this famous side as an add-on.