Conveniently located on the Parkway in front of Tanger Outlets, Joe’s Crab Shack is a fun, informal seafood chain serving crab by the buckets—literally. The delectable crab buckets are offered in different varieties, including super sweet snow crab, meaty queen crab, firm king crab, and tender Dungeness. You can even get a whole Main lobster with your favorite crab, which is reason enough to give Joe’s a try!
Joe’s Crab Shack is an iconic American chain boasting a beach-themed atmosphere and classic American dishes. There’s even an on-site gift shop with Joe’s t-shirts and other memorabilia. Since 1991, the chain has been serving up buckets of deliciousness across the country, with our own location in Sevierville making its mark in the Smoky Mountains.
Even if crabs aren’t your thing, Joe’s Crab Shack cooks an array of seafood favorites, including popular shrimp dishes. Choose from Southern, bacon-wrapped stuffed shrimp, hand-breaded popcorn shrimp, and crispy coconut shrimp, each with fries, coleslaw, and hushpuppies.
You also can’t beat the steampots at Joe’s Crab Shack. Try Joe’s Classic steampot with Dungeness crab, snow crab, smoked sausage, and shrimp, or the Ragin’ Cajun with two crab varieties, shrimp, and andouille sausage. There’s also the Samuel Adams with its mixture of snow crab, clams, cold-water lobster tail, and smoked sausage, all coated in the namesake lager.
From cedar-roasted salmon to the daily fisherman’s choice, the seafood at Joe’s is as good as you can get this far inland. Still, if you prefer your food to come from the mainland, order the grilled herb chicken, homestyle chicken tenders, top sirloin, or ribeye. You’ll even find a bacon cheeseburger, tacos, and a chicken club on the menu!
While most folks come for the food at Joe’s Crab Shack, the drinks are an essential aspect of any good seafood meal. Try the Category 5 Hurricane with its blend of rum, orange juice, and red passion fruit syrup, or the Southern Spiked Tea with vodka. Joe’s Patron Margarita is a smooth blend of silver tequila, sweet and sour, and triple sec, while the Mason Jar Margarita serves up silver tequila, sweet and sour, Gran Gala, and limes in a classic glass.
No matter what you order at Joe’s Crab Shack, you and the family are sure to have a memorable time!
- For gluten-sensitive patrons, Joe’s Crab Shack offers a gluten-friendly menu with plenty of variety. Gluten-friendly options include garlicky mussels, peel ‘n eat shrimp, cedar-roasted salmon, steak, steampots, and crab buckets. Suitable sides include the coleslaw, seasonable vegetables, white rice, and corn.
- Sign up for the Joe’s Catch E-club on the chain’s website to get a free appetizer with the purchase of an entree. Even if it’s not your first time eating at Joe’s, it’s always nice to get food for free!
- Happy Hour at the Joe’s Sevierville location is Monday through Friday from 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. During Happy Hour, Joe’s Patron Margarita is just $5 and the Hurricane, 16 oz. draft beer, and house margarita are all $3.
- The chain also offers money-saving specials on certain days of the week. Tuesday’s “$2 Twosdays” include fried pickles, crab taters, fried cheese sticks, and more, all for just $2 each. Wednesday is All You Can Eat Shrimp day at Joe’s, so come hungry and indulge in all your favorite shrimp varieties for $19.99.
- Joe’s Crab Shack in Sevierville can get rowdy, especially in the evenings and during peak season. If you prefer to avoid the crowds, call ahead and make a reservation or come earlier for a late lunch or early dinner.