Chick-fil-A is one of the 10 largest fast food chains in the United States, and it manages that feat in spite of a competitive disadvantage. It’s the only entrant in the top 10 that’s closed on Sunday, a conscientious choice based on religious beliefs. Weekend getaway meals at Chick-fil-A aren’t as convenient to travelers due to the Sunday closures, though.
The restaurant chain has only existed in its current form for 50 years, yet it has evolved into the dominant chicken restaurant in the country. The average Chick-fil-A franchisee earns $4.4 million annually, which is $1.7 million more than the second-best fast food chain. That fact speaks volumes about the overall quality of the restaurant’s recipes, particularly its chicken.
Menu Favorites: The Chick-fil-A menu is a marvel of depth and tastiness. You will love almost everything, but the best options are:
- The Chick-fil-A® Chicken Sandwich is a work of art. It’s an oversized, incredibly juicy piece of chicken on two fluffy buns, but the magic comes from the pickles. They add the perfect crunch, and the pickle juice softens the bread.
- Waffle Fries are thick, rich potatoes cooked perfectly. Their checkerboard cut makes them perfect for dipping in condiments such as ketchup or Chick-fil-A sauce.
- Chick-fil-A® Nuggets are arguably the best fast food chicken nuggets in existence. They’re light and fluffy but usually cooked well-done to accentuate the fried flavor. While the grilled nuggets here are also tasty and healthier, you’ll want to indulge in the fried nuggets.
- Sweetened Iced Tea is an art form at Chick-fil-A. The company sells their special blend by the gallon. Again, the unsweetened version is better for you, but most aren’t eating at Chick-fil-A for the nutritional value.
- The Cookies & Cream Milkshake is a perfectly crafted dessert masterpiece. The ice cream is airy and sweet, while the healthy dose of whipped cream assures that special malt-shop vibe.
The southern part of the country in particular embraces Chick-fil-A. The restaurant’s support of SEC football and other culturally significant aspects of southern living have resonated with the community. Chick-fil-A has its headquarters in Atlanta, only 240 miles from this restaurant.
As such, this is an especially popular store in the heart of the chain’s area of dominance. You should expect long lines when you eat here. Due to the skill of the workers in food delivery, however, you will rarely have to wait long for your chicken. One of the primary reasons the restaurants earn so much more than competitors is the speed with which they prepare orders.
- Due to the Parkway location, this Chick-fil-A has a constant line. Sometimes, the drive-thru entrance backs up to the street. You can avoid this issue by using the company’s app. It enables Mobile Ordering with curbside pick-up in the restaurant parking lot. This process is much less aggravating.
- Even restaurant chains have discounts available at the local hotels in this tourist area. You can frequently find a coupon for a free sandwich.
- By following Chick-fil-A on social media, you also enjoy other opportunities for free food. For example, you can occasionally eat a free meal if you wear cow colors. The company will alert you to these unusual marketing gimmicks on their Facebook and Twitter feeds.