Kids and adults alike will love this tasty destination, which is located right on the parkway in Pigeon Forge. In addition, they have a separate location in the heart of Gatlinburg. This means you’ll never be far from your favorite sweet treats, no matter where you are in the area.
Want to start your day with a donut or two? You’ll find at least a dozen flavors here, with everything from standard glazed donuts to iced, jelly-filled, and cinnamon-sprinkled options. Mad Dog’s Creamery in Pigeon Forge isn’t afraid to experiment with fun flavors, so you’re also likely to find a surprise or two on the menu.
While donuts always hit the spot, sometimes you just need an ice cream cone, especially on a hot summer day in the Smokies. Fortunately, this sweet eatery always has 24 flavors of ice cream ready for you to enjoy. You’ll find everything from plain vanilla to fruity flavors and rich, chocolatey scoops.
That’s not all, though. Mad Dog’s Creamery Pigeon Forge also makes funnel cakes, serves up cool cups of shaved ice, and mixes rich milkshakes. You can even go the hand-dipped route to take your ice cream or soft serve to the next level. No matter the season, this is the place to dig into the best local sweet treats.
- Donuts: Whether you want strawberry iced, devil’s food cake with peanut butter icing, or blueberry cake with blueberry icing, Mad Dog’s Creamery has just what you’re looking for. Don’t miss the house specialties, which include red velvet with cream cheese icing, espresso sugar, caramel with sea salt sprinkles, and other mouth-watering flavors.
- Ice Cream: Go for a classic like strawberry or cookies and cream, or you can try an adventurous flavor like blueberry pie or caramel pie. Celebrate a special occasion with birthday cake ice cream or dig into a local favorite like the Smoky Mountain fudge.
- Banana Split: The ultimate ice cream treat, the banana split at Mad Dog’s Creamery won’t disappoint. This sweet dessert features a ripe banana, scoops of ice cream, and your pick of toppings, such as whipped cream, nuts, and chocolate sauce. This huge snack is great for splitting with a date, a friend, or the kids.
- Espresso Drinks: You love coffee, and you love ice cream. So why not enjoy them together? Mad Dog’s Creamery mixes espresso into milkshakes or turns it into ice cream sundaes for a treat that’s sure to fuel you up for an active afternoon.
While you can definitely take your goodies to go, there’s plenty of room to enjoy them on-site. There are several picnic tables and outdoor seating arrangements, making it easy for you to kick back and relax with the whole family. In fact, after you’ve enjoyed your sweets, you might even want to line back up and grab a few donuts to take home for a midnight snack or a breakfast treat.
- Mad Dog’s Creamery hasn’t forgotten about your four-legged friends. You’ll find water bowls outside to help your pets stay cool, and this sweet spot also sells a range of doggie treats. Pick from donut-shaped and ice cream cone-shaped treats so that your pup can enjoy a snack with you.