When Crawdaddy’s Restaurant & Oyster Bar opened in 2002, the eatery adopted the motto “GREAT FOOD & GOOD TIMES.” Surrounded by stunning mountain scenery, Crawdaddy’s strives to offer the best service around, fresh seafood, and delectable drinks. As one of the only seafood restaurants among many burger and steak joints, Crawdaddy’s fresh fare goes from ocean to table in three days. Dine on the balcony overlooking downtown Gatlinburg or while gazing at the mountain’s ski lift.
As one of Gatlinburg’s most popular restaurants, Crawdaddy’s offers weekly entertainment, Karaoke every night, and delicious southern cooking. The menu includes typical Creole-style cooking with oysters on the half shell, soups, salads, pasta, sandwiches and burgers, seafood boils, and meat from the grill.
Karaoke happens in the bar. The bartenders are friendly and make good drinks including fishbowls and the Bloody Mary. Overall, the cocktails are great and the bartenders know what they’re doing. The Bloody Mary is divine. If you don’t mind the crowd, Karaoke hours are fun for all ages, despite the hustle and bustle.
With a wide selection of fine seafood fare, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. Some popular dishes include:
- Oysters Rockefeller – Oysters on a half shell served broiled to perfection with a butter-infused, spinach and herb mixture that’s flavored with anise-flavored liquor. The appetizer is beautifully displayed and served with cocktail sauce, lemon, horseradish, and crackers.
- Lobster Bisque – Creamy lobster stock combined with lobster meat and a splash of sherry makes up Crawdaddy’s lobster bisque. It’s a tasty start to any meal.
- Po’Boy Sandwiches – With a choice of shrimp, oyster, fried fish, or blackened fish, Crawdaddy’s masters this sammie. Each creation includes lettuce, tomato, and the must-have cocktail sauce making it a true southern gem. Every Po’boy comes with a heaping helping of fries and a side of coleslaw.
- Crab Cake Dinner – Two perfectly crispy and moist lump crab cakes served with two sides is a sure way to fill your belly. Popular side dishes include lobster mac n cheese, hush puppies, and fried okra.
- Low Country Boil – One of the restaurant’s most frequently ordered meals, the low country boil features generous portions of crawfish, gulf shrimp, snow crab, and andouille sausage with corn on the cob and new potatoes.
Crawdaddy’s Restaurant & Oyster Bar looks like a typical seafood dive with bright blue paint on the outside and nautical decor. With updates from a recent renovation, the interior is clean, fresh, and well-maintained with cheerful and whimsical decor. Seafood iced along side bottles of beer just adds to the down-home atmosphere of this place.
As long as you’re not visiting during Karaoke hours, your server will be amazing, attentive, and leave you feeling like an appreciated customer. The staff will make sure your kids are cared for and will offer to bring kid’s meals out first to keep the kids happy.
When Karaoke time comes, the restaurant gets packed with customers and there’s not enough staff to adequately take care of them. It can take up between 30 to 60 minutes to get a seat, and it might take another 10 before you see your server. Meals still come within a reasonable time, but the wait staff is spread too thin during Karaoke hours.
Our recommendations concerning Crawdaddy’s Restaurant & Oyster Bar? Visit during lunch hours or plan an early meal to avoid the rush and chaos of Karaoke. You’ll get better service and wait less all around. Your meal will be wonderful, and you’ll leave happier.
Does Crawdaddy’s have the best seafood in Gatlinburg? We say yes. With limited seafood options to choose from, it’s best to go with a place that knows its crawfish.