Jargon opened in 2017, but the restaurant has already become a local favorite. The restaurant blends influences, styles, and culture in eclectic New American cuisine served with panache. Jargon is located in a renovated historic building in West Asheville.
The Jargon team restored the building with care, and their attention to detail is evident in the restaurant’s thoughtfully designed interior. Decorative mirrors on the walls reflect the overhead light and add soft ambiance. The wood tables are homey and atmospheric. Creative touches abound that showcase the owner’s sense of humor, such as the bathroom wall of Scrabble tiles.
There’s an outdoor patio that’s perfect for large parties and summer evenings. If you’d like to get a patio seat, request when you make your reservation.
The menu features New American fare, with plenty of vegetarian and gluten free dishes to accommodate dietary preferences. Whenever possible, Jargon’s menu items showcase locally grown vegetables and local meats. Jargon’s team takes deep inspiration from their international travels and the diversity of the U.S., proudly serving a melting pot of dishes that have one thing in common: Great flavor. Locals love Jargon’s inventive approach to food and appreciate well-cooked items served with an unusual accompaniment.
Jargon’s attention to detail is also evident in their customer service. You’ll get friendly service from people who are truly passionate about what they do and take pride in their work.
Jargon is open for dinner seven days a week; reservations are recommended. Additionally, Sunday “blunch” is served from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and a late night menu is offered Friday nights from 10:30 p.m. to midnight.
On Friday nights and Sunday blunch, you’ll hear local jazz musicians. The free music starts at 9 p.m. on Friday and continues until midnight (cocktails and late-night snacks are available). Guest musicians rotate; you’ll see who’s scheduled on Jargon’s website. Sundays feature light jazz from Asheville musicians Mark Guest and Mary Pearson, starting at 11 a.m.
While the menu at Jargon changes regularly, here a few of our representative favorites:
- Oven Roasted Octopus – Octopus is roasted with chorizo and fava beans, then finished with a sherry and lobster butter in this succulent favorite.
- Shrimp and Grits – Creamy Old Mill stone-ground grits mix with chorizo and shrimp, then are finished with sherry-lobster butter and fried okra in this crowd pleaser.
- Huevos Rancheros – This creamy vegetarian blunch menu favorite features poached eggs, refried beans, cheese, hollandaise, and pico de gallo.
- Deep Fried Deviled Eggs – A must-try dish on the regular and late-night menu, the deep-fried deviled eggs are topped with salmon roe, chives, and aioli featuring locally made Lusty Monk mustard.
- Bistro Filet – Meat lovers adore the chimichurri filet, which is served with garlic truffle mashed potatoes and grilled swiss chard.
- Chocolate Fondue – The dessert favorite is the chocolate fondue, which is served with fresh fruit and donuts.
To accompany the bistro fare, Jargon offers creative cocktails, wine, and craft beer.
The menu mixes small and large plates. If you’re not sure what size a particular item is, just ask. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu.
- Since there’s no separation between the bar and dining room, Jargon can get loud.
- Arrive early for your meal and walk around the neighborhood, where you’ll find local shops, cafes, and more.