Perched on the Little Pigeon River, the Apple Barn Winery is located in bustling Apple Barn Village. You won’t find just any wine here, though. All wine is made right on site from crisp, juicy apples, and the Apple Barn Winery specializes in varieties such as Apple, Apple Blush, and Apple Julep wines.
Time your visit right, and you will get to see the winemakers hard at work producing the next vintage. Join a tasting, and you’ll learn about the winemaking process while getting a behind-the-scenes look at the bottling and aging areas of the winery, which are viewable behind a glass panel in the tasting room. Don’t miss your chance to taste the winery’s legendary Apple wine, either. Apple Barn Winery offers tastings from 9 a.m. till 9 p.m. Monday through Saturday and from 9 a.m. till 8 p.m. on Sunday.
You won’t want to leave the Apple Barn Winery without at least one or two of your favorite bottles, either. Pick up some of the winery’s most popular dry, semi-sweet, sweet, or seasonal bottles:
- Dry Wines: The dry, oak-aged Apple is always a smart pick, as is the Vineyard Red, which is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Chambourcin, and Cynthiana.
- Semi-Sweet Wines: Sweeten your meal with the Apple Blush, which is a semi-dry blend of apple and grape, or the Orchard White, a slightly sweet blend.
- Sweet Wines: You’ll want to serve the Apple-Strawberry, which is a sweet strawberry-flavored wine, or the Southern-style Muscadine for dessert.
- Seasonal Wines: You won’t find these wines all year round, but look for the citrusy Apple Julep and juicy Apple-Pomegranate in season. In the fall, don’t miss the Blackberry Dessert Wine, which is made with 100 percent blackberries.
Whether you’re a fan of the unique wines here or you’re a wine fan in general, we know you won’t want to miss your chance to explore the entire Rocky Top Wine Trail. The Apple Barn Winery is one of the most northern stops on the trail and one of just two wineries in Sevierville. That makes it the perfect spot to begin your tour of the trail. Be sure to get your passport before you start and show it at each of the six wineries and distilleries on the trail. After every three stops, you’ll get a gift.
While most visitors choose to self-direct their Rocky Top Wine Trail tour, it’s in your best interest to seek out a designated driver if you’re planning to visit all six locations. Book yours through Elite Limo Tours for a fun and safe outing in the Pigeon Forge area.
At the end of your visit, don’t miss your chance to stop at the Apple Barn Winery’s gift shop. Here you’ll find all the wine accessories you need, along with fun souvenirs and gifts for family and friends back home.
- While the wine tasting is designed for guests 21 and over, visiting the Apple Barn Winery is ideal for the whole family. The winery is adjacent to the family-friendly Apple Barn Farmhouse Restaurant and the Applewood Grill, where you can enjoy your purchases without paying a corkage fee. With great wine and delicious food, this is a fun activity for your whole group.