Whether you know exactly what kind of beer you like or you’re looking to expand your palate, you’re bound to find a new favorite at The Casual Pint. Those looking to learn more about how various beer styles compare will appreciate the flavor wheel and periodic table of beer on display, and the knowledgeable bartenders are always available to recommend something new.
From pilsners and blonde ales to brown ales and ambers to porters and stouts, The Casual Pint has them all, with a total of 28 beers on tap. If you aren’t sure where to start, order a flight rather than a full pint. You’ll get the chance to sample a range of beers, and you might even find your new go-to brew.
While you’ll find plenty of beers from breweries you already know, you’ll also spot lots of options from microbreweries in the area. Here are some menu favorites to try:
- Yee-Haw Dunkel: Made in nearby Johnson City, Tennessee, this beer is deep and rich without being overly heavy. You’ll love the notes of cocoa and caramel in this classic German lager, which is a signature brew from Yee-Haw Brewing Company.
- Green Man Porter: This full-bodied porter hails from beer mecca Asheville, North Carolina. The moment you taste the notes of chocolate in this rich porter, you’ll see why it’s one of Green Man’s most legendary brews.
- Barnstormer Red Ale: This red ale is perfectly refreshing, making it a great pick for a post-hike beer. This malty brew hails from Blackhorse Brewery in nearby Knoxville, Tennessee.
- Garr’s Tripel: This riff on a classic Belgian brew comes from Franklin, Tennessee, and it packs a punch. It has a relatively high alcohol by volume (ABV) of 9 percent and boasts fruity notes of orange and apricot.
- Devil’s Backbone Pumpkin Hunter: This is a great choice if you’re looking for a brew that’s a little on the unusual side. This Roseland, Virginia, pumpkin beer will remind you of a glass of pumpkin pie, and the fall spices will warm you right up.
If you prefer cider to beer or you’re looking for a gluten-free beverage, The Casual Pint still has you covered. Look for draft choices like Austin Eastciders Blood Orange, a zesty cider that’s packed with juicy Sicilian blood oranges and lots of citrusy flavor.
After sampling some great craft brews, it’s easy to get inspired to find a few more favorites. Be sure to browse The Casual Pint’s extensive bottle selection and take a few to go. Choose from the many prepackaged six-packs or make your own custom six-pack from single bottles. With hundreds of bottles to choose from, you can’t go wrong.
If you’re feeling snacky after a beer or two, take a look at The Casual Pint’s food menu. Dig into some Bavarian pretzels with beer cheese, share a barbecue chicken flatbread with the table, or have a craft beer brat on a challah bun.
- Whether you’re in a rush or you simply want to enjoy the craft brewery experience in the comfort of your Smoky Mountain accommodations, you can take your beer to go in a growler. Bring your own to fill on-site or buy one at The Casual Pint and fill it with your favorite brew.
*Photos and review produced by our on staff journalists who are in no way affiliated with the brand reviewed on this page. Additional images fully licensed with permission by author.