The Cherokee Grill in downtown Gatlinburg is a delicious restaurant housed in a building that looks like a luxurious mountain lodge. Since the restaurant, which is located in Calhoun’s Village, is supplied by its own warehouse, butcher shop, and bakery, the food quality and freshness are outstanding.
Although the interior of the restaurant is upscale, the attitude of the staff is that of non-pretentious Southern hospitality. On any given evening, you can expect to see young children, under-dressed tourists, and tired National Park hikers dining at this upscale eatery.
The service at Cherokee Grill is excellent – It is quite possibly the best service in the Smoky Mountains area! Everything from the timing of courses to the attentiveness of the server leaves nothing to be desired. Although the service in the bar area is sufficient, we recommend sitting in the main dining area for the best overall experience.
Some of the menu favorites include:
- Fried Calamari – fresh seafood appetizer with excellent mustard and marinara sauce
- Spinach-Artichoke Dip – homemade dip served with fresh tortilla chips
- Blue Cheese Wedge Salad – huge iceberg wedge with bacon and homemade blue cheese dressing
- Rotisserie Chicken – Half a chicken served with seasoned rice
- Steaks – All of the steaks ranging from chopped steak to filet are excellent and cooked to perfection
- Homemade Brownie – Delicious chocolate brownie topped with ice cream and hot fudge sauce
This restaurant is your chance to experience excellent service, great food, and Southern hospitality at a reasonable price.
For better service, ask to be seated in the main dining area (not the bar). There is free parking behind the restaurant for those who dine here.
The Cherokee Grill is located in downtown Gatlinburg between traffic lights #9 and #10 on the main Parkway in Calhoun’s Village.
*Photos and review produced by our on staff journalists who are in no way affiliated with the brand reviewed on this page.