Whether you’re searching for a hearty breakfast, a light lunch, or a Southern-style dinner, you’ll find it all at the Applewood Farmhouse Grill. Portions are generous and the staff couldn’t be friendlier. Whatever you come for, you definitely won’t leave hungry.
The Applewood Farmhouse Grill is just down the road from Pigeon Forge and surrounded by stunning rolling fields and farmland. The Stokely family have been farming on this property since 1872, and cooking up their fresh produce for locals and visitors alike for over 30 years. Applewood Farmhouse continues to source a lot of their produce from their own farm. After you fill your bellies, be sure to take a seat on one of the rocking chairs out on the deck and take in the view while you digest.
Some of our favorite menu items from breakfast, lunch, and dinner include:
- Country Boy Breakfast Skillet — This feast is literally served in a cast iron skillet filled with Applewood’s freshly made breakfast potatoes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, mushrooms, green onions, tomatoes, green peppers, and a big handful of shredded cheese.
- Pa’s Old Fashioned Buttermilk Pancakes — These light and fluffy pancakes will have you closing your eyes with every bite. It’s served with warm maple syrup, two eggs cooked to your liking, and bacon or sausage.
- Grandma’s Vegetable Soup — This delectable homemade soup is no regular vegetable soup. The recipe dates back to 1968 and has remained a family secret ever since.
- Apple Julep Grilled Chicken — There are so many apple flavors to choose from on the menu, it’s a tough one to decide which one to try out first. This apple julep marinated chicken is mouthwateringly good and served with their signature apple relish.
- Applewood Famous Southern Fried Chicken — Who doesn’t want to try famous fried chicken? The plate is packed full with three huge pieces of perfectly fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and a side of your choice.
- Momma’s Country Meatloaf — This rich and flavorful meatloaf is one of the most popular dishes on the Applewood Farmhouse Grill menu. It’s seasoned with spices and onions and topped with Granny’s tangy tomato sauce.
- Triple Layer Hershey’s Chocolate Cake — Be sure to save room for some of the freshly baked desserts. This triple layer chocolate cake is one of our all-time favorites. This enormous slice of cake is one to share and comes with a heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Applewood Farmhouse Grill dedicates itself to serving farm fresh ingredients in a fun family setting. There’s a something on the menu for everyone, from vegetarian pasta dishes to stick-to-your-sides chicken pot pies. There are healthy grilled meats and hearty chicken fried steaks.
- There are two restaurants on the premises, the Applewood Farmhouse Restaurant and the Applewood Farmhouse Grill. The Grill is the newer location with a modern menu and more grilled meat options. If you’re a breakfast lover, be aware that breakfast service ends at 11 a.m. It’s OK if you’re a little late though; you can still enjoy some of your favorite breakfast dishes like eggs and bacon, biscuits and gravy, or buttermilk pancakes. Just ask about the Late Risers specials.
*Photos and review produced by our on staff journalists who are in no way affiliated with the brand reviewed on this page. Additional images fully licensed with permission by author.