A classic Cuban restaurant conveniently located on the Parkway, Smokies Cuban Cafe offers contemporary dining for those craving tropical specialties. The family who owns and operates the establishment hails directly from Cuba, bringing their favorite flavors to the Smoky Mountains. From a morning espresso shot to a chorizo-infused hamburger, Smokies Cuban Cafe serves coffees, tropical fruit shakes, and Cuban-inspired dishes to satisfy every palette.
One of the best things about Smokies Cuban Cafe is that it offers fast-food prices without the typical fast-food experience. Guests can dine in, grab takeout, or order delivery, making it easy to get the exotic dishes you want on any budget. Smokies Cuban Cafe will even cater your Smokies Mountain event!
If you don’t have time to stop in for a meal, consider visiting Smokies Cuban Cafe for a tropical drink. The family offers fruit shakes and juices made from mango, guava, papaya, mamey, and guanabana, ensuring you have the chance to try a fruit you may have never tasted before!
Smokies Cuban Cafe boasts large portions and a friendly atmosphere, making it a nice change from the Southern comfort food and pancake houses that permeate Pigeon Forge. Service can be slow during busy times or when the restaurant is short-staffed, but even then, the Caribbean flavors are well worth the wait. Just slow down, be patient, and sit back to savor the delectable flavors. Trust us; you won’t be disappointed!
- Smokies Cuban Cafe specializes in 12-inch sandwiches. The Cuban Sandwich is a customer favorite, as it offers ham, pork, pickles, mustard, and Swiss cheese on homemade Cuban bread. You also can’t go wrong with the Roast Pork Sandwich, a familiar option made better by the Cuban spices and grilled onions.
- Another authentic Cuban dish is the Croquette Sandwich. Smokies Cuban Cafe makes theirs with croquettes, ham, pork, Swiss cheese, mayonnaise, and ketchup.
- For dinner, order the pork dinner with rice beans and yuca fries. Yuca is a long, tuberous starchy root that’s native to South America. Its brown, fibrous skin and white interior resemble a potato, which makes it a great substitute for making french fries.
- You can also start your morning off right at Smokies Cuban Cafe. The restaurant breakfast sandwiches and plates are filling, but the side dishes are the real stars. Order beef or guava and cheese empanadas, yuca with garlic sauce, black beans, or tostones, which are twice-fried plantain slices. And whether you fill up on breakfast or you’re just looking for a caffeine hit, Smokies Cuban Cafe is the place to be for authentic Cuban coffee.
- Smokies Cuban Cafe is a small hole-in-the-wall eatery located in a strip mall, so it’s easy to miss when you’re driving along the Parkway. Look for the shopping center situated next to Reagan’s House of Pancakes. And don’t let the modest facade fool you. This is a quality restaurant that is truly a hidden gem in the Smokies.
- The cafe has recently expanded, so if you’ve dined here in the past and are afraid it might be too crowded to get a seat, it’s worth a second visit. There is now a lot more room to accommodate the large influx of diners.