Texas Roadhouse is situated in the retail hub of downtown Gatlinburg on Parkway. This road spans blocks of retail stores, pubs, and restaurants that are all in close proximity to Texas Roadhouse. The parking area is relatively secure, and guests often wander the streets after having a satisfying meal, knowing their car is safe.
The restaurant is bedecked in wood paneling and Native American artwork that provides a warm atmosphere. There is a sports bar element to it, but it’s still a great place for the whole family. The lighting might seem a bit lower than some would prefer, and for those patrons, the window seats are recommended during daytime hours.
Customers often comment on the speed and efficiency of the service, which allows them to plan their mealtimes more efficiently. This is especially handy for larger parties who require efficient service for a great experience.
As this is a family-friendly venue, the menu also caters for those under the age of twelve. The meals are satisfying, and patrons often remark on the generosity of the portions.
Those who have the intention of visiting other Texas Roadhouse venues across the country should consider their VIP Club which could include a free appetizer on the next visit. The club also boasts a load of other benefits and special offerings.
The restaurant’s claim to fame is its hand-cut steaks which have patrons flocking into the various branches across the country. Deep fried onion rings and jacket potatoes with a twist seal the deal. These are some of the favorite meals on the menu:
- Prime Rib: Those who can bear to wait until the weekend get to feast on soft and succulent prime rib steak. This sought-after cut is only available on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, subject to stock levels. Patrons choose between the 10, 12, or 16-ounce cut. It also comes with a choice of two sides.
- Cactus Blossom: One simply does not go into Texas Roadhouse without ordering at least one of these per table. It’s a whole, deep-fried onion cut in the shape of a cactus blossom for easy access. This is served with a Cajun horseradish sauce for dipping.
- Fall-Off-The-Bone Ribs: These are succulent and juicy with just the right amount of basting to enhance the flavors of the meat. Patrons choose between a half slab or full slab, and each meal is served with a choice of two sides.
The roadhouse also specializes in a range of starters, pork, and poultry dishes for those who’ve already sampled the beefy wares. Patrons also get to feast on homemade bread with a selection of fine sandwiches such as the pulled pork and mushroom Jack chicken.
A surprising favorite on the menu, the fried pickles, happens to be one of the sides. Patrons often sit down with an ice cold beer and a plate of fried pickles while they wait for their main dish to arrive or enjoy it as a perfect snack while watching a game at the bar any day of the week.
- Those who wish to catch up on the sport of the day should seat themselves in the bar area.
- The parking area is paid, so be prepared to spend an extra $5-10 on parking