'Bear Hug Lodge,' a vacation rental cabin, offers travelers a rustic mountaintop retreat, featuring 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and stunning long range views of the city and surrounding Smoky Mountains. Enjoy the plush lodge lifestyle with a private 6-person hot tub, cozy wood-burning fireplace and easy access to Ober Gatlinburg Resort attractions. In the summer, sip sweet tea from the front porch's rocking chairs or relax with a snow day inside playing the 60-game Pac-Man arcade in the game room!
-- THE PROPERTY --
Bedroom 1: King Bed | Bedroom 2: King Bed | Bedroom 3: King Bed | Bedroom 4: Queen Bed | Additional Sleeping: Queen Portable Bed
There's no better destination for your Smoky Mountain escape than 'Bear Hug Lodge', a four-season retreat offering 2,460 square feet of rustic living space spread across 3 stories. Perched on top of the highest mountain in town, you'll enjoy unrivaled mountain and city views from the private covered porch.
Sure to become your favorite spot to unwind, this porch is furnished with charming rocking chairs, a charcoal grill and a 6-person hot tub. Soothe your sore muscles after a long day skiing on the mountain, or simply sit back and soak up the majestic views while dinner sizzles on the grill.
When the weather isn't cooperating, cozy up around the wood-burning fireplace as a movie plays on the flat-screen cable TV in the living room - one of 6 in the cabin! Everyone will find entertainment while staying at 'Bear Hug Lodge', with an array of electronics including 2 DVD players and free wifi. If that's not enough, head up to the loft game room where you'll find a pool table, card table and 60-game Pac-Man arcade!
The main level is highlighted by an open-concept layout, seamlessly encompassing the living, kitchen, and dining spaces. Whip up a tasty meal in the fully equipped kitchen before enjoying it at the 6-person dining table.
During your stay, enjoy access to the community amenities including a seasonal pool (open from Memorial Day to Labor Day), a clubhouse with fitness center and game room, playground, tennis courts and more!
-- THE LOCATION --
'Bear Hug Lodge' offers a desirable location within minutes of Smoky Mountain attractions! Instead of simply enjoying the panoramic city views, head into downtown Gatlinburg for delicious restaurants, moonshine distilleries, fun attractions and entertainment.
During your stay, you'll be only minutes from Ober Gatlinburg Amusement Park & Ski Area, which offers fantastic skiing in winter, a ski mountain coaster, aerial tramway, and various other family-friendly attractions!
In the summer months, Gatlinburg turns into a hiking and mountain biking paradise with remarkable scenery you're sure to love - only minutes away in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Find some peace of mind in the old-growth forests, marveling at scenic waterfalls and backcountry wildlife as you explore miles of trails.
-- REST EASY WITH YOUR LOCAL HOST --
Your Local Host makes it easy to find and book properties you’ll never want to leave. You can relax knowing that our properties will always be ready for you and that we’ll answer the phone 24/7. Even better, if anything is off about your stay, we’ll make it right. You can count on our homes and our people to make you feel welcome--because we know what vacation means to you.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, private 6-person hot tub, long range views of the city and surrounding Smoky Mountains, access to community amenities including a seasonal pool(available from Memorial Day to Labor Day), clubhouse with fitness center and game room, playground and, tennis courts, grill, central air conditioning, free WiFi, 6 flat-screen TVs, in-unit washer and dryer, and more!
- Entertainment abounds at 'Bear Hug Lodge' with 6 cable TV’s, 2 DVD players, a game room with 60-game Pac-Man arcade, pool table, and card table
- Unbeatable location 3,000 feet up Ski Mountain, only minutes from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Ober Gatlinburg Amusement Park & Ski Area, Dollywood, and downtown. Easy access to hiking, biking, skiing, snowboarding, amusement parks, shopping, dining and so much more.
- Nearest Major Airport: McGhee Tyson Airport (~45 miles away)
-- POLICIES --
- No smoking
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Due to the home’s location on top of Ski Mountain, it is required that your vehicle is equipped 4-wheel drive or chains on your tires to access the property in the winter months
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- NOTE: Your safety matters. An exterior security camera is located outside, facing out towards the driveway. The camera does not look into any interior spaces