It’s your wedding day. The setting sun paints the serene outdoor setting and pavilion with rich colors and long shadows. Family and friends sit in the cordon of folding white chairs; all eyes are on you. And the backdrop of the Smoky Mountains, now shaded in blues and grays, look like regal guests anticipating your walk down the aisle.
Sounds too good to be true? Not if you’re having your ceremony at Longleaf Vineyards.
Located only 20 minutes from Asheville, Longleaf Vineyards offers the idyllic setting and packages for your wedding. The heart and soul behind Longleaf Vineyards are Wendy and Brian Knowles. They poured their love for winemaking into creating Longleaf Vineyards in 2017. With the alpine setting’s breathtaking setting and views, they knew the location would be perfect for special occasions. The vineyard is perched above one of Western North Carolina’s largest plateaus and offers guests a 70-mile panoramic view. You’ll see majestic peaks like Mount Mitchell, Grandfather Mountain, and Mount Pisgah. After sunset, Asheville’s city lights glow in the distance.
Aside from their passion for wine, Wendy and Brian want to make your wedding day, well, your day! So whether you want a simple event or one that is elegant, they can transform your dream into reality. The event season at Longleaf Vineyards runs from May to October, and the maximum occupancy (including the bridal party) is 120. They have a covered pavilion, plenty of green space, and a large white tent for receptions. But this isn’t your typical party rental tent. Within, gorgeous chandeliers dangle from the top, and strands of white lights make the tent feel homey and chic.
Before exploring some wedding packages offered at Longleaf Vineyards, let’s talk about their wine. After all, they boast of being a vineyard!
Dry red containing Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Cabernet Franc.
Fruit-forward dry red.
A Tuscan medium red with a touch of Cabernet Sauvignon.
A dry white with hints of apples, pears, and pineapples.
Classic French grape for a classic white wine.
A white wine that balances dryness with the sweetness of ripe peaches.
Signature Wedding Package. We’ll list some highlights, so check out their website for the complete amenities.
- Bride’s Cottage with a private restroom
- Getting ready space for Bride/Groom
- Wine cellar option for cocktail hour wine tastings
- 60″ round dinner tables
- Padded wood chairs for dinner
- Warming kitchen for approved caterer
- Parking for 40 cars
- Invitation to couples’ wine tasting event
- Longleaf Vineyard representative onsite during the event
This top-tier option has most of the amenities found in the Signature Package with the addition of:
- Choice of 3 appetizers
- Buffet or plated dinner
- Custom wedding cake or mini-desserts
- Premium linens, cutlery, and dishware
The cost for this package is based on the number of guests and menu choices, which are customizable.
Here are some other fast facts pertaining to Longleaf Vineyards:
- There isn’t lodging at Longleaf Vineyards.
- Longleaf Vineyards provides wine and local beers.
- Liquor drinks are allowed if you obtain a Special Occasion Liquor permit.
- They have preferred caterers, but outside companies will be considered and must sign a “terms and conditions” contract.
- You’ll need to hire a day-of coordinator. They have many recommendations, and all were highly rated.
- Consider renting min-buses or passenger vans to transport guests to and from the vineyards.
If you’re looking for the perfect outdoor Smoky Mountain location for your special day, we highly recommend Longleaf Vineyards. Give Wendy and Brian a call to chat about how they can make your event a day you’ll never forget.
Longleaf Vineyards requires clients to purchase $1 million event liability insurance. They have recommended companies but add that you may be able to add on to your homeowner’s insurance.