Planning a trip to Asheville and the Smoky Mountain area often means creating a list of things you would like to see and do. How about adding to that list having a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment upon the end of your visit? That’s part of the goal of Asheville Adventure Company.
Asheville Adventure Company facilitates approachable outdoor adventures that the entire family can enjoy while experiencing Mother Nature in this amazing part of the country from a front-row seat. Why settle for virtual anything when you can enjoy the real thing?
Asheville Adventures takes you and your family out of your hotel room, away from manufactured fun and attractions and places you in situations where you can experience true adrenaline, real excitement and a sense of accomplishment you can take with you. It can turn into a fun, team-building adventure for your family you won’t soon forget. Perhaps best of all you get to choose your own path at Asheville Adventure Company. Experience Asheville like a local!
Even experienced hikers will enjoy what the mountains of Asheville have to offer. The team at Asheville Adventure Company can help plan an awe-inspiring day hike or backpacking adventure to some of the most incredible, intimate and secret sites in the Asheville area. Experienced guides share their favorite places and less traveled paths. Discover breathtaking views, a secret swimming hole or plan a weekend trek along a portion of the Appalachian Trail. The guides at Asheville Adventure Company will create an adventure based on your desires, capabilities and time available. Hike for a day, weekend or week! You’ll experience a sense of accomplishment and new bonds with your family and friends.
Perhaps nothing inspires laughter, smiles and a sense of teamwork like getting together in a boat. Team members of Asheville Adventure Company have spent much of their youth paddling the rivers in and around Asheville and are ready to share their knowledge with you and your family. Whether you choose a scenic float along the French Broad or a heart-pounding paddle down the thrilling Green River, there’s a water adventure just for you!
E-Bike Tours add a variety of fun elements to your Asheville outdoor adventures. Climb aboard your environmentally responsible electric or “e-bike” and you’re ready to take on the hills no matter what your fitness level. The electric motors are ready to assist you as needed! Put in only the effort you are comfortable with. Bikes are quiet, comfortable and ready to take on the varied terrain of the Asheville area.
Take a scenic day-trip in the mountains on your e-bike, enjoy a sunset tour with inspiring views or even sign up for an e-bike Brewery Crawl adventure. Your first beer is included in the tour!
– Hikers should bring items appropriate for their specific trip. For example, Appalachian Trail weekend hikers should bring clothes for two days, personal toiletries and hiking boots. All hikers should bring rain gear. Hikers should also bring a water bottle and any personal medications. Short hikes require comfortable shoes.
– Shoes worn on all paddle trips should have a back strap. Wear clothes that you are comfortable getting wet in.
– Those taking an e-bike tour should bring an extra layer in case the weather is chilly when finishing the trip, clothes that you can comfortably bike in for a few hours, closed-toed shoes and water and a snack if desired.
– Helmets and floatation devices are provided by Asheville Adventure Company.
– It is always a good idea to call ahead and make reservations, particularly during busy seasons and weekends.