Curate is a restaurant experience like no other in Asheville, NC. Located in a 1920’s era building that once served as the town’s bus depot, you’ll realize you’ve found a special spot upon first entering the front door. The decor is understated and accentuates the age and history of the building itself.
Great service is always in season at Curate, and the friendly, well-educated staff is always willing to share their knowledge and passion with guests. However, what really sets Curate apart from other hotspots is the food. Tapas, or Spanish-inspired small portion dining is what Curate offers and they do it well. Tapas is meant to be shared, so prepare to order a few dishes for yourself and your dining partners and discover what treasures await the palate.
One of the best things about Curate is that there really is something for everyone–you’ll find plenty of dishes that are available gluten-free, vegan, lactose-free and without other allergens. The reality is that fresh food, prepared simply is delicious in its own right, and the chefs at Curate are always willing to go the extra mile to make every dish something special, even if it seems to be on the simpler side.
While the tapas is what draws in guests, you won’t want to miss the drinks–both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. These freshly made drinks show that the staff is dedicated to creating something amazing for each and every guest. Finish off your meal with a freshly brewed coffee or espresso and you’ll have the full experience of what Curate has to offer.
- Carabinero – Carabinero is a simple “head on” prawn cooked simply and served with a sprinkling of sea salt. The chef lets the quality of the prawn speak for itself with this local favorite.
- Sardinas Curadas – The cold dishes are all standouts, but the sardinas curadas are not to be missed. The dish consists of salt-cured sardines, pickled raspberries, and toasted pistachio for a power-packed salty/sweet delight.
- Sangria – With a full drink menu to choose from, many guests have trouble picking the perfect drink. The Sangria is an excellent choice that compliments many of the menu dishes.
- Tabla de Jamones – Tabla de Jamones is a popular starter which includes four different types of ham. Experiencing these meats side by side accentuates the subtle differences.
- Chocolate Caliente – The Chocolate Caliente is a house specialty–which is a drink and dessert all in one. This is one hot chocolate you won’t soon forget.
This eclectic eatery is the perfect spot to enjoy small plates, cured meats, specialty drinks, and desserts. You won’t be disappointed!
- If you’re truly interested in experiencing everything the restaurant has to offer, ask about the “tasting menu” and you will have the opportunity to try many favorites in one great meal.
- One of Asheville’s trendiest dining establishments, Curate draws huge crowds for dinner — especially during the weekend. You’ll have the most luck if you reserve your table well ahead of time. Otherwise, be prepared to wait for your tapas.